2.14.2009

My cat is awesome.

My cat is awesome. Period. About 20 minutes ago he was ferociously attacking my left foot, and now he's curled up asleep on my bed. I wish my life were that simple.

I'm giving you all a painting today (and it would appear more than one person is reading/glancing at this thing, so cheers!). It's a little something I did in my final acrylic painting class. For the last two quarters of this three quarter series of classes, Acrylic Painting B & C, the students were able to set parameters for their paintings, ie a theme. My theme for B was figure painting, and my theme for C was superheroes.



This is my favorite of the four or five that I completed for that class. It's based on "Superman: Red Son," a great comic, by the way. I actually free-drew the entire thing, except for the symbol. I had to reference the comic for that.

I really enjoyed my acrylic painting class. I really wish I had the free time to continue painting - maybe I'll take a whack at it again this summer.

1 comment: