2.14.2009

2buckchuck post.

Aaaaah. Half a bottle of wine does me well.

As I may have mentioned, portraits are (currently) my favorite theme. I like drawing body parts in general, hands, feet, legs, torsos, heads, etc. Figure drawing is big in my life, I'm just lacking models at the moment. I have the seeds of an idea germinating in my brain right now, but the idea is going to have to simmer for now, as I'm slacking on responsibilities I've made for myself.

This is just some random drawing I did that I currently have on the wall of my room. The proportions are a bit wonky, but it still works. Hey, wonky proportions worked for El Greco, I think I'm allowed to play around with the human body as well.



I've also got a bit of an obsession with drawing people smoking. No reason. Ok, well, it might reflect my own slight addiction to nicotine. Or does it? I have another drawing around here somewhere, if I can find it, that's vaguely related to this one, if only because I drew it and it features a cigarette. I'll try to put it up in my next post. Assuming I remember that I promised to post it and that I can find it.

3 comments:

  1. hmmmmm.....

    really kinda drawn in by this and I don't know why?/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. It's not easy to catch a different kind of face angle like that... anyway, I haven't logged into blogger for years so this comment will probably fail anyway.
    -zeno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeno, welcome back to blogger. I figured out what is drawing me in. You have that wonderful white negitive space in the top left corner, and as you eyes go naturally to the bottom right at gradualies gets darker to the point it's a polar oppisite of the top corner. Good peice, I would look into expanding this peice into something grander.

    ReplyDelete