2.08.2009

Hello world.


Well, I've finally decided to give in to the overwhelming pressures of the Web 2.0 and start my own personal blog.

I suppose this is where I wax poetic about how interesting my life is, or how much knowledge and intelligence I have to share with the world. But, alas, I'm about as interesting as the other 6 billion + people who currently inhabit this little world.

The purposes of this blog are simple, really. I want a place in which to share my doodles and creativity with as many people as I possibly can. And I want to be able to talk about whatever I want to, as well. I've heard that you can do that on the internet.

I'm currently a student in the Bay Area. Not at one of the fancy art schools (yet), but the community college I'm attending has a fairly diverse and interesting array of art classes. I'm learning a lot. I plan on majoring in Illustration, if possible, and I have an interest in Graphic Design. What I really want to do with my art is show how awesome and amazing the world is, dealing specifically with scientific themes and concepts (especially astronomy). It's a niche that is pretty empty right now, what with all the post-modernists and pop surrealists running around. And what happens to niches that aren't filled? Why, creatures adapt to them!

So, yeah, science + art = great.

No comments:

Post a Comment