2.12.2009

Bleeding hands and group projects.


My art history class is required to do a group seminar, which apparently is a less formal group presentation. And doesn't have to be performed in front of the entire class. Due to my extreme laziness, which I mentioned in my previous post, I was forced to chose the extremely exciting group on "Renaissance and patronage." Yippee.

Half of the time that I met with my group (the total time was about 10 or 15 minutes) was spent arguing about how to talk to each other. I suggested email or meeting after class, and tried to stress the complete lack of time that I have. Someone mentioned Yahoo groups. Blech.

I am definitely not a big fan of group projects.

The sketch I've uploaded today is just something I experimented with years ago. I know I sketched the hand and flower in pencil, but I can't quite remember what I used for the blood. Potential candidates are watercolor, colored pencil or acrylic paint. I mean, I could just look at the actual piece, but I can't remember which sketchbook it's in. And yes, that's my hand. The blood and flower are fake, though. I went through a phase where I couldn't get enough of drawing hands and objects, especially in weird juxtaposing like this.

Personally, I can see this being a really great painting. I might do that one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment