4.28.2009

Monoprinting



Surprisingly, I'm posting this while in class.

These two versions reflect the color scheme I want for this project. This is the monoprinting project, for my Digital Printmaking class. The project is to have an image with different layers of color to be printed separately from each other. Each of the color you see are different layers in the original file. It took some playing around to get the details that I wanted (the smirk was important, obviously, and the details of the eye). I even went so far as to take notes to compare and contrast several images I made while fooling around.

The goal of this monoprinting, by the way, is to imitate more traditional hands on printing techniques, were you'd carve an image, coat it with ink, and press it into paper, one layer at a time. This way is slightly less labor intensive, and only requires that you have the patience to fiddle with Photoshop settings. I really like how this image looks.

I ask only that you give me feedback as to which image seems superior. I have to have this complete by Thursday, so I'll probably have made up my mind by tonight on this matter. I'd still like feedback, though!

UPDATE: The person who is in this image agrees with me. I won't spoil the surprise as to which I'm choosing.

1 comment: