4.22.2009

I can print.



This is the initial print I made and trimmed, hanging very casually on my wall. No, I didn't use tape - I used that plastic-like substance that's called "tack" or something like that. It's supposed to be non-damaging. We'll see.

I'm exceeding happy with how this looks. Really, seeing it on your monitor is nothing compared to seeing it printed on premium paper (which I payed a pretty penny for, mostly because I forgot the paper I had originally bought for this project at home) and hanging on your wall. I think I could really get into this whole printing thing. It's satisfying.

I think an experiment I'm going to try later in the quarter is going to be drawing on a piece of paper and then printing over that. I think it'll be a real fun bout of experimentation. I haven't even thought of content for my final project (which I think may include drawing + printing) but I think I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.


This is the image repeat 16 times on a piece of 8.5" x 11" paper (there was some trimming, which you can't really tell because of my amazing Photoshop skills). I printed the image like this because the layout struck some sort of chord in me. I think I'm a really big sucker for repetition. Also, I think that the image is dense enough so that you're constantly looking for some sort of pattern - and it's chock full of pattern, so your mind is constantly at odds and then relieved.

This isn't a part of the actual project, I just printed it out for my own amusement - and because a classmate insisted that I take a piece of his double-sided matte paper. As much as my classmates have been getting on my nerves, they're not all terrible. I'm just a curmudgeon. "This has been another episode of Life Lessons with A Panda. Thanks for tuning in! Ba-bye now."

1 comment:

  1. Nice piece, still not crazy about the planets but it seemed that that message was important to you so good job on not caving. Let me know how your critique goes.

    ReplyDelete