3.26.2009

The end of the quarter 2.0




My final project for Illustrator was a lot easier finished than I expected. Well, the first part, anyway. I still have some boring "show that you understand Pathfinders" assignment, which I'll take care of as soon as lunch is taken care of.

So, this image is the outcome of probably about 6 to 8 hours of effort. Maybe less, even, I spread it out quite a bit. The most complicated part was drawing the ant and weirdish shapes of the robot (the leg and foot). In addition, I had to use a lot of superfluous tools that I otherwise would have ignored, like the Blend Tool or making a Clipping Mask or applying an Effect. The text is, obviously, something that I had to incorporate later, as in my original sketches I hadn't included text, or even room for it.

The Symbol Menu and the Symbol Tools came in very handy - the entire background is dependent upon a modified symbol from the "Mad Science" Symbol Palette. The stars in the background are, if I remember correctly, the Splatter Symbol from the Artistic Textures submenu. Something like that.

I'm very happy with how this turned out, even with all the extra crap I had to add. It was only minimally restricted, in that I had to use specific tools, and the subject matter was entirely up to me. That's really the most important part.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a tasty lunch to create and consume.

EDIT: I just noticed a small thing that I need to correct for. Curses! I'll post the second go and see if any of you can spot what's different.

EDIT 2: Alrighty, here it is. 1000 internet points for the first person to point out the difference!


2 comments:

  1. there used to be a white part on the robot's left leg. on the bottom. i can still see some of it, actually, in the grass.

    did i win?

    - random

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes you did. congratulations on your 1000 internet points. don't spend them all in one place!

    basically, when i made the shape for the robot's leg, i didn't make it long enough the first time. oops.

    ReplyDelete