12.29.2009

Present the Third.

I cut this lino after a complete and abysmal failure to screenprint this leaf on a canvas bag. Granted, I could have easily over come the hardships on printing on the bag, but it was early in the morning (for me) and I like lino cutting way too much.


Ta-da!

It's a pretty small lino block, a little bigger than an index card. In addition to how nicely it prints, I just love the look of a freshly carved linoleum block. I kind of think of it as psuedo-sculpture - really, it's more like bas relief. My favorite part of the entire process is simply cutting away at the linoleum. It's just really fun.



In order that I might save myself the hassle and cost of buying many bags and testing the print on those bags, I did test runs of the prints on paper - both Bristol and newsprint. All of my linos turned out well on the Bristol paper. That table is also the area that I did all of my printing on.


Finished product.

And this is how the lino printed on the canvas. Much better than my attempt at screen printing the leaf. I printed the image on both sides of the bag, but felt it was only necessary to show you one side of the bag - I figured you'd get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment