8.16.2010

The Return of the Artist

After a long, activity filled absence, I'm posting this so as to give everyone a glimpse of what I've been up to (the parts I'll admit to anyway).

I set out my printing supplies, do a few test runs and realize my stupid squeegee is too small for the image I'm trying to print. I run down to my local art supply store, and while they have decent prices on the items they carry (and they're local, so I like to support them), they don't have the squeegee I'm looking for. So, I hop back in my car and drive to University Art, which is minutes away from closing by the time I get there (5:30 pm? really?) and I find a really nice, hard squeegee that'll do just fine. I pay for my new squeegee, get back in the car, realize I need gas, remember that I've left my ink uncovered back at home (letting it slowly dry into a hardened mess, meaning I'll have to mix more paint dammit); I get gas, drive back home and find everything as I'd left it - ink, small, old squeegee and all. The ink hadn't dried very much, thankfully, so I mix a bit of water in it to loosen it up, get all my printing things lined up to do a test pull, do the pull and am pleased with the result on paper (which is almost too small for the image, but that's a minor point).

And now I have five more shirts to sell. Today is a good day.

Now I just have to find my ink roller so that I can print some cat shirts.

I wish I could do this full time. It's so fun!



In other news, I've started an Etsy store in which I'll be selling t-shirts, digital prints, and whatever else I feel like making. I've got a few items up, so check it out!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/theartfulscientist

No comments:

Post a Comment